Saturday, January 23, 2010

Chicken Divan


Chicken Divan has been a staple in my family since I was a little kid. It's an easy, filling meal that you can make in about an hour. I definitely turn to this dish when I am craving some serious comfort food.

Sorry for the half eaten casserole picture below, my husband got to it before I grabbed my camera.


Ingredients:

1 large head of fresh broccoli, chopped
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 tbsp. lemon juice
3 boneless chicken breast cut into small pieces
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup sour cream- I use low fat
1/2 stick melted butter
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. minced garlic
2 t0 3 tbsp. white wine- I normally use whatever is already open
Enough shredded chedder cheese and bread crumbs to cover the top of the dish
Recipe:
Preheat oven to 350.
Coat a 7-by-11-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
Place diced chicken in a medium skillet or saucepan and add water to cover. Bring to a simmer over high heat. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer gently until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the center, 10 to 12 minutes.
In bowl, mix mayo, sour cream, melted butter, mushroom soup, pepper, salt, garlic, wine, and lemon juice.
Place cooked chicken on bottom of dish, layer broccoli over top of the chicken.
Pour Sauce over broccoli and chicken.
Sprinkle evenly the shredded cheese and bread crumbs.
Bake until bubbling, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.






















No comments:

Post a Comment