Sunday, January 10, 2010

Garlic Cheddar Biscuits!


Red Lobster has nothing on me! I came across this recipe from www.vintagevictuals.com and thought it looked easy enough. I thought I would attempt these simple drop biscuits on a cold, rainy Sunday afternoon along with some home made chicken soup in the crockpot. It's actually a record breaking cold weekend here in South Florida with temperatures dropping to the low 30s tonight. I havent been this chilly since my days of living in the frozen tundra that is Wisconsin! Anyway, the soup and these biscuits really hit the spot! I will definitely make these again the next time we get a craving for the ones from Red Lobster.
Garlic Cheddar Biscuits from www.vintagevictuals.com

2 cups flour
1 tablespoon
baking powder
2 teaspoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup melted butter
1 cup milk
3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese- personally, I would add at least a cup the next time I make these.
1/4 cup more melted butter
1 teaspoon garlic salt

Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
Grease a baking sheet and set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and garlic powder.
Add the 1/2 cup melted butter, the milk, and the shredded cheese.

Drop batter by heaping tablespoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheet.
Bake the biscuits for 6 minutes.
Meanwhile, stir together the 1/4 cup melted butter and the garlic salt. Remove the biscuits from the oven and generously but gently brush the tops of the half-baked biscuits with the garlic butter. Return the biscuits to the oven for another 6 minutes, or until the edges begin to brown and crisp.

Serve warm. Yield 12-15 biscuits.

No comments:

Post a Comment