Saturday, January 23, 2010

Nutty Crunchy Granola


I love granola....BUT I hate how sugar-y most of the store bought kinds taste. So when I found this super easy recipe for Nutty Granola by Ellie Krieger, I couldn't wait to get to the store to make it.

It took hardly any time to make, and I have now been enjoying it all week for breakfast. I chose to serve it was fat-free greek yogurt and fresh blueberries.... VERY TASTY!

Recipe Adapted from http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ellie-krieger/nutty-granola-recipe/index.html:


Ingredients:

Cooking Spray

3 cups old-fashioned oats

1/2 cup chopped raw, unsalted walnuts

1/2 cup chopped unsalted almonds

1/2 cup chopped unsalted pecans

1/2 cup maple syrup

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (This was not in the orginal recipe, but I thought it was a great addition)

1/2 cup raisins, optional

Directions
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees . Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
In a medium bowl combine the oats, nuts, maple syrup, salt, cinnamon and the raisins, if using. Spread the mixture onto the baking sheet and bake until golden brown, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes. Transfer the sheet to a cooling rack and let cool completely. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.




No comments:

Post a Comment