Saturday, February 6, 2010

My First Pear Pie!

I made this pie last weekend out of several pears that I had been given from a gift basket sent to my office. I wanted to do something with them as opposed to just biting in and eating them for a snack. I went online looking for a dinner recipe, but didn't end up finding anything that stood out. Then I thought of pie!

I haven't ever had a pear pie, but it is very similiar to an applie pie, but I think I like this better!

Ingredients:
1/4 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 cup heavy cream
4-5 lg. pears, peeled
1 tbsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
Unbaked 8 or 9 inch pie shell

Sift together flour and 1 cup sugar; mix in lemon juice and cream until smooth. Cut pears into small pieces and add to creamed mixture. Pour into pie shell. Make a topping of 1 tablespoon sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle on top of pie. Bake at 425 degrees for 45-50 minutes. Cool until set.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment